Monday, November 21, 2011

We are thankful!

This month, as we approach Thanksgiving, I feel like I am constantly going through my head remembering what I am thankful for...trying to have a grateful heart for all of those things we take for granted in our daily lives and remembering how blessed we truly are! Secretly, I can tell you that I can NOT wait for Christmas and am so antsy to start decorating, listening to Christmas music, etc - but, I am grateful for this month, week and this upcoming Thursday to help reflect on all of the things to thank God for!

This past week, we had Ali's Thanksgiving Feast at school. I signed up for green beans and left them on the stove to finish cooking while I ran the girls to school and then decided to stop by the office for a few minutes to write a few checks for my dad, etc. I was supposed to be there to set up for the feast at 9:45, got the girls to school at 9:05 and figured I would have plenty of time when I left the office at 9:30 to run home, pick the green beans up and head back to the school for the feast! When I pulled into my house, I realized that I had left my keys and my spare key locked inside the house. Luckily, my house is only a mile from the girls' school and a mile from my husband's office or I never would have made it. Lately, I'm not sure if it is being pregnant, or having two kids and being pregnant, or just that I am losing my mind - but I have been doing lots of things like this and I have felt very thankful to live in our little house (and it's great location) and our little community. Last week, I left my wallet at church and had no idea until one of my neighbor's brought it by our house that day! (this week, I walked out of church without my purse - until Ali realized it and reminded me - see what I mean?? Losing it!) I am thankful for people that look after me when obviously I just can not seem to get it together! :) I am thankful for a husband who loves me (despite my unlovable moments!) and takes care of me, two beautiful daughters that I adore and are at such a fun/easy age (when they are not bickering!), grandparents that help out with my children when I just need a break or a date or to work or to go to the doctor, family that loves us, etc, etc, to name a few! I love this time of year and am so excited for the fun of the Holidays - I know this is going to the best holiday season with my children yet!

A few pictures from my little pilgrim at her Thanksgiving Feast!



Ali's precious little 4 year old class!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones