Tuesday, November 8, 2011

5 years old!

I know I say it every year, but I can not believe my first baby is FIVE years old! Five is such a big year to me - it means she is such a big girl, getting ready for Kindergarten and Mama's little helper/partner in crime. God sure knew what he was doing when he chose Ali to be my first child - she is my listener, my pleaser, she likes to follow the rules, loves to giggle...she is a shining light and has become so independent and confident this year...which is bittersweet for this Mama who is used to having her under my wing. :) She loves her friends and already talks about which boy she is going to marry almost daily! (we are going to have our hands full with this one!) We think she is smart beyond her years and doesn't miss much - I thank the Lord for her sweet smile, her silly giggle and her love for life and her family - can't imagine what life was like 5 years ago before there was Ali!

As always, I believe birthdays should last much longer than just a day (my dad always said I got a birthday month!)...so we started kicking off Ali's birthday celebration weekend on Friday at our favorite, La Parilla with Libby and the Holles!




On Saturday morning, we got up and ready for Ali's princess tea party - the perfect way for our princess to celebrate her fifth birthday with friends!
We had the party at our Country club and Snow White even stopped in for stories! The food was delicious and the girls had a great time!







c

The hot chocolate in tea cups with marshmallows were a hit - especially with Rhodes!



We continued the celebration all weekend, finally making cupcakes on Monday night for Ali to take to school on her actual birthday - Tuesday!
Waking up to birthday donuts! I'm five!!
One more picture before my big girl headed off to school!
After a fun lunch out with Mama, Daddy, Mimi and Papa - we spent the evening celebrating at one of our newest birthday traditions - a Japanese steakhouse! Ali loves going there (she loves some steamed rice!) - and our little family of four had so much fun finishing off our fun day/weekend there!

Happy fifth birthday to the sweetest, giggliest, smartest, prettiest 5 year old princess I know! We love you more than you will ever know!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones