Saturday, October 1, 2011

Looking back on September...

Bad blogger here again! I am thankful for my iphone and the ability to have pictures of some of our activities to help me update! September has been another fun month! Both of the girls started ballet in September, as well as music for Rhodesy and choir for Ali. They both love both of these activities - they are highlights of their weeks! We spent the rest of the month busy in all of our activities, attending birthday parties, concerts, football games, and having some good Fall family time. My favorite time of year!

Rhodes and her friend, Hadley, on their first day of ballet. She has a precious class of 4 sweet little girls, all about a month apart, all second or third children, and all Methodists! :) Reminds me a lot of my foursome growing up - and I have a feeling they will be special little friends!


Hadley, Rhodes and Mollie Ryan....we are missing pictures of Madeline on the first day - but I'm sure there will be many more to come later on!
Rhodes was giving us fits earlier this month (noted in previous posts) - screaming bloody murder when she went to bed and waking up in the middle of the night to throw more screaming fits. It was a miserable few nights - and something this pregnant Mama was not happy about dealing with in the few months I have before we have a newborn in this house. We finally decided that Rhodes just was ready to move out of the crib. We knew the time was coming, but were not ready to make the switch until we had to. :) We went bed shopping, but in the meantime, decided to move Rhodes into Ali's bed...and it worked out so well, that the two are still sleeping together. We have our nights where Rhodes wants to talk and tell jokes and keep Ali up - but, overall, it has been a good transition - so good, that I think we will keep it for the time being! The girls went to Pottery Barn Kids to pick out their new shared bedspread and this was their choice for their "new" bed!
I went on a quick girls trip with some of my great friends from high school (well, and elementary school and before!) - it was such a nice getaway full of sleep, relaxing and catching up! (and wine for everyone but me! :)) So thankful for these friends and love reminiscing! While I was gone, Ryan played Mr. Mom and took the girls to a Marietta game on Friday night and to two birthday parties on Saturday and over to the Swartwood's house on Saturday night (I was with Mandy at her parent's amazing lake house) - so they had a very full and very fun weekend! I found these pictures on Ryan's phone from one of their parties and I got a good laugh out of them so I thought I would share. My friend, Carly, threw an amazing Barnyard party for her children - Mary Reese and Hutson - and the girls (especially my animal-loving Rhodesy!) had a blast!







In other Rhodesy news......my silly baby decided she wanted to be Smurfette for Halloween one night. The next day, I left her alone for about 5 minutes....until she came running into my room yelling "Look Mom! I'm Smurfette!" Picture does not do it justice...but her legs, arms and belly were all covered in green marker! Little nut! :)
We met our friends, the Harveys, at the North Georgia State Fair this week and had a ball! The girls (especially Rhodes) had a ball and loved all of the rides! We can't wait until it comes back again next year so we can go again - excited about this new Fall family tradition!







My sweet girls!
Ali took her first field trip this past week and I got to chaperone! She has such a precious class and we are so lucky that school is on the Marietta Square so we can walk to fun places like the fire station!
Ali and her friend, Caroline in the hats they made!

Love this sweet class of friends!

Tomorrow a princess in our house turns THREE years old - so tonight we are heading out to celebrate her final hours as a two year old. Love my sweet family and thankful for every second we get to spend together!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones