Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The littlest Patrick



Finding time to sit down and blog is getting harder and harder these days! I can't imagine what it will be like once I am a mom of 3! Speaking of...poor baby Patrick is in need of blog love! Sweet baby is busy kicking Mama a lot (but Ryan can't feel it just yet) and it is such a great feeling! I am busy growing, gaining weight and a big belly (blame it on the 3rd pregnancy!), and all of the highs and lows of pregnancy. Ryan and I went in this morning for our 21 week ultrasound and here's the full report. We made it through the ultrasound without finding out! I would have been SO disappointed with myself if I had found out at this point. I feel like this is my one chance in life where I get to meet this sweet baby and have that moment where I get to find out it's sex, announce it's name, and hold my sweet baby and I can not wait! And, I promise I am truly not finding out - not just saying it and secretly finding out and keeping it from you all! :) (although I did consider doing that at first!) The ultrasound today went great! Everything looked great - except they did notice some calcium deposits in the baby's heart. Since this puts us at a small risk for Down Syndrome - we need to go in again again at 30 weeks for another ultrasound (that I would have already been getting for my Hypothyroidism), but Dr. Cauthen is not worried. I show no other signs and my bloodwork came back that I have a 1 in 5000 chance of having a DS child...so I am not too worried. Just praying for a happy, healthy baby come February! After the full check to see if baby had all of it's legs, arms, hands, heart chambers, etc - I asked our tech if she could tell what the baby was...we turned our heads and she did a quick check and Ryan and I both came out of the office with different opinions about what her answer told us. We shall see! It's hard to believe our newest addition will be here in a little over 4 months! Today made me really excited and we are praying for this sweet baby and can't wait to hold him/her in our arms! :)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I had no idea y'all planned not to find out what baby #3 is! That's SO exciting. You definitely have way more willpower than I could ever have. I'm sure this baby will be just as perfect and healthy as precious Ali and Rhodes!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones