Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer livin'

July is here - it is hard to believe! We continue to stay busy and are having lots of summer fun! Although I find myself tired of plans and longing for days of sitting around with NOTHING to do - I also love to stay busy and have to say that last weekend was one of my favorite weekends to date. Ryan and I headed to Charleston and I missed our girls like crazy, but had an incredible (and exhausting!) kid free weekend. One of my best friends since zero got married and it was such an honor to be a part of her special day! We got there on Thursday and enjoyed a date night then met up with my parents and the bride and groom and their families for some drinks. Ryan played two days worth of golf at some amazing golf courses and I shopped and did fun bridesmaid activities the day of the wedding. It was the perfect wedding weekend and we could not have had a better time! They planned the perfect weekend - everything from the "welcome party" (200 people to toast in front of!) here, to the bridesmaid luncheon here (the food was unbelievable and George Washington had actually eaten the historic room we ate in!), the wedding here (the oldest Catholic church in the Carolinas and Georgia!), the reception here with this amazing band, and even an after party here! They truly thought of everything and it was perfect! So excited for my oldest friend and part of me wishes we were still there celebrating in our dancing shoes! (Although not sure I could be away from my girls for one more second!) I am now trying to figure out when we can get back to Charleston for a family weekend - such a great city!

My goofy husband had a great time playing golf on Saturday and decided to take a few pictures of us walking back into the church for pictures after the wedding...
The happy father of the bride....
Mother of the bride....
Best friends since zero....minus the bride!
Congrats to Kate and Pete!! And thanks to Grandmommy and Granddaddy for a fun-filled weekend for Ali and Rhodes! They had such a great time and have been going through withdrawals all week!

Now we are back in the throws of the real world...potty training has finally begun at the Patrick household - if we can just stay home long enough to practice. Rhodes is loving her big girl panties and prefers to walk around like this 24 hours a day - even when she is outside dancing or watering the flowers!

Love this bottom! :)
Ali had a big week at Super hero camp! It was 9-3 every day and she had a blast! (her mama and Rhodes missed her - that is a LONG time!) We celebrated the start of a fun family weekend by roasting some s'mores!
Silly girl!
Sticky and delicious!
This weekend - I have big goals! Getting out the camera, putting down the computer, and spending lots of good quality time with three of my favorite people! We may just walk up to the Farmers market today, then head to the pool, then a family night of Cars 2, pizza and maybe some yummy yogurt! Now...these are the things summer is made for!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So fun! I am going to a reception at the William Aiken house in September too! :) Precious pics of the girls!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones