Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowy Valentines

This past Friday, we got snow - and TONS of it! I could not get over all of the snow - I don't think we had seen a snow like this in years. Ryan went in early to work b/c we were expecting the snow to come - and by the time it did, I was counting down the minutes until he got home. It was so fun for the girls to play in but so cold and wet - I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed watching it fall from the inside. :) I would call this Rhodes' first real snow experience and she LOVED it! (of course!) She kept standing by the door on her tippy toes reaching for the handle to get out - then, when she'd see me - she'd run to me with her hand in the air, grab my hand and lead me to her room and then get me to get her coat for her. (The girl LOVES to wear her coat!) She is one smart cookie! :) Here are so pictures of our little snow Valentines.

Wiping off her seat - Rhodes kept losing her gloves and it was killing me! She would prefer not to have them on but it was freezing so of course that was not an option!
One glove down...
Ali wiping down her car...
Taking the wagon for a spin...
Teamwork
Baxter loved the snow - Ali says it is because it is the same color as he is!




Snow angels!
Papa stopped by on his way home from work and brought the girls some Marietta Power hats to wear. :)



Which went perfectly on our snowman!

(Notice little Miss Mischievous in the background)
Ali was so proud of the snow man she made with her Daddy!
Group shot!
Our snowy yard!
Warming up inside and playing together! These two are having SOO much fun together these days - two peas in a pod and it is so fun to watch! :) I am going to make it a goal to be better about taking pictures and recording this special bond forming between these two - it is too sweet!

Ryan and I were happy the snow came and looked beautiful and was lots of fun to play in (we got 3 inches!) - but, also, that the roads cleared and didn't ruin any of our Valentine's plans. I was hosting a shower for my friend Kelly (Corn) on Saturday and nervous it was going to be cancelled, but when she made the trip in from Nashville on Saturday morning, we realized the show could still go on! :) Then, Ryan surprised me with a night out at Anthony's for dinner (where we went after we got engaged 5 years ago on our Valentine's celebration) and then he took me to see the movie, Valentine's Day. The biggest treat of all was that we both slept in until 10 a.m. on Sunday (We played hooky from church)!! Thank you Grandmommy and Granddaddy for keeping our littlest Valentines!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones