Monday, June 1, 2009

Year 30

It's official - as of yesterday, I am officially in my 30th year of life! I will turn 30 in one more year!! I think growing up, I thought the age of 30 was OLD - funny how that perception changes. I now feel 29 years young - sometimes I feel like a 20 year old stuck in a "mom of 2" body - and loving it! Anyway, I hope to make this 30th year the best year yet - I'm trying to come up with some goals to achieve by the time I turn 30. A whole year of possibilities! In the meantime, I wanted to write down my favorite memories of this year's big 2-9 celebration.

-Celebrating on the square listening to the Beatles cover band (The Return) with the city of Marietta's 175th birthday celebration on Friday.
-Walking to the Farmers Market on the square the next morning and back with Ryan and the girls.
-Taking a 2 hour nap!
-Waking up to notice my husband was missing - turns out he was out getting my extremely dirty car cleaned/detailed (he found a present in there for a newborn that is about to now turn two - I am a mess!) He also took my car to get emissions done while out - too bad my car failed the Emissions test. This is my 3rd Jeep (2nd Jeep Grand Cherokee) and I have had so much trouble with it - it's only 8 years old - isn't that early to fail emissions??
-Going to celebrate Ali & Rhodes' friends' birthdays at the pool with the fam
-Rushing home to find a limo waiting outside of our house - fun surprise!
-Fancy date night with Ryan - much needed and so much fun!
-Coming home to find Ali still awake - running to greet us on the front stoop and yelling "It's your birthday, Mama!!"
-Going to wake Ali up on my birthday and being greeted by "Happy birthday Mama!!"
-Spending the day at the pool with the girls & family
-Spending the afternoon/dinner with my family

It was a fantastic weekend and my family & friends made me feel extra special - I do not want to forget a moment. Of course, ever since Ryan and I have been married, I have woken up most mornings to "Birthday" - by the Beatles and this year the tradition continues... I am excited for what this next year will bring! 30 does not scare me! :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones