Saturday, June 6, 2009

8 Months - where did my baby go?

This past week (Tuesday), Rhodes turned 8 whopping months! It was a whirlwind week filled with playdates, pool time and just staying busy! I am amazed at what big changes Rhodes went through just in the past week. The day she turned 8 months, she started crawling. We are still working on it and she is not a complete "crawler" yet, but she will crawl a little bit before getting tired and crashing. She also started pulling up and loves trying to be a big girl and standing briefly. One major transition this week was that her babbling turned from squeals to lots of "da da" or "ba ba" and I love it!! She is talking up a storm. Now, if only I could get her to say the most important word - Mama! :) She is waving and clapping now too! We made the transition finally from the carrier in the car to a big girl seat - so now the girls are in matching car seats. (Except Rhodes faces backwards) We are starting more foods too (more pick up foods like cheese, pieces of bagels, yogurt bites, puffs, etc) and I am slowly weaning her to the bottle/formula. It is all so fun, but also makes me so sad to face the fact that my little baby is growing up before my eyes. :( I am going to keep babying her and holding her as long as I can!


The girls - I could not get either one of them to participate and smile for the camera!

Ali will be 31 months tomorrow. She is growing up soo fast! Lately, she has not been wanting to pose for pictures for me (she likes to show her independence quite often!), but I got her to pose for this one by telling her Bennett would get to see it on his computer! :) We had a playdate with Bennett and Beau one day this past week and it was so fun - those two are two little peas in a pod. When we were saying goodbye, Ali & Bennett hugged goodbye and Jill and I were talking and looked down to see them both puckered up and then go in for a kiss! It was too cute!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones