Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer sisters

Two peas in a pod playing together....



If only I could get them both to smile for the camera (and look at the camera) at the same time!


I love this one b/c it is Rhodes' constant face at our house - admiring/checking out what Big sis is doing....


We had a fun week this week - Ali went to her first camp! It was a little nursery camp at our church, Tuesday-Friday from 9-12. Ali loved going and seeing all of her little friends every day and Rhodes and I had fun getting a little one on one time (I feel so guilty b/c we never get it) and running errands just the two of us.

I am having so much fun these days watching these two play together and laugh together. Rhodes literally laughs any time Ali pays attention to her. It is the sweetest thing. Now that Rhodes is a crawling machine and loves to pull up, I am really starting to see their personalities come out together and it reminds me of how my mom used to talk about how I would terrorize Ty growing up. Ali is definitely the Miss Priss and likes to be the center of attention and Rhodes is Miss laid back/instigator and she completely adores her big sister! If ever I say, "Oh look at Rhodes, she's crying/clapping/fell down/fill in the blank", Ali will immediately respond "Look Mom, I'm crying/clapping/fell down/etc, too!". All of a sudden, Ali prefers to play with Rhodes' toys over hers and will happily push Rhodes to the side so she can play with them. (although she would never want to hurt her sister) Rhodes, in turn, cracks up as Ali gives her a little nudge, elbow, pushes her over, etc. (as I see it all go down and jump up to help Rhodes, only to catch her cracking up as she gets tossed around instead of crying!) Rhodes now also loves to play with anything and everything her sister touches and it drives Ali crazy! I hear Ali going "No, Rhodes!" or "Mama, Rhodes is playing with MY toy !!" from the other room as she tries to play with something Ali is playing with, and again, Rhodes cackles!! Little instigator. These are just funny little things, but they are also so very sweet to eachother. If Ali starts crying or gets her feelings hurt about something, Rhodes will start to cry too for her sister and immediately stop when Ali does. Melts my heart. If Rhodes wakes up from a nap and starts to cry in her crib, I sometimes find out she is awake b/c Ali will say "Mama, I need to go check on Rhodes" as she runs into her room. These are precious little moments and I am loving watching their little relationship form as they play together. I love these two for their opposite personalities and their sweet demeanors. Ali told me today, as she drank her milk "to make her bigger" that I also need to drink milk to get bigger b/c I was WAY too little. Way to win over points with your Mama, Ali! I pray that these two will grow up to be the best of friends and always love, protect, care and want to be with eachother as much as they do today!!

PJ sisters playing with Rhodes' new favorite toy - and Ali's too! (as long as Rhodes wants to play with it, that is!) Rhodes loves to stand now using her very muscular thighs!
First day of camp for our big girl!
Rhodes getting to play with her toy all alone for a little bit!



Happy Friday!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones