Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Amen!

Every night, we have a routine to put Ali to bed. We start by reading her a few of her bedtime stories, then singing three lullabies and then we say our prayers. I am more amazed by the little things she picks up every day! For instance, one of the songs we sing is a lullaby we learned in music class called "bye bye baby" and I noticed on Monday night that she started singing with me - saying "bye bye baaa beee" and it just made me melt! I have heard her say "bye bye baby" before (which I was so excited by b/c she put two words together) but I never realized where she learned it! We have been singing this song in music class since she was only 3 months old so it is a song she knows very well! Tonight, though, she did something even more precious to me. When we say "Now I lay me, Down to sleep" every night, Ryan and I both bow our heads and put our hands together in prayer. I peeked my eyes at Ali tonight (hoping she wouldn't catch me!) and saw that she also had her head down and was clasping her hands in prayer! To top it off, when we got to the end, before we even got a chance to say "Amen", Ali chimed in with her very own "aaahh - men!". I am one proud mama of my precious little girl. She is growing up and learning new things every day and I am so very proud of my little princess!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones