Saturday, January 9, 2010

Make new friends, but keep the old...

One is Silver and the other's gold!

Despite the craziness in our lives this holiday season, I was excited to get away from reality (to Buckhead) to celebrate KCP's 30th birthday! I treasure these "gold" friendships so much - friends that I have had since day one, or not long after, and who I can completely be myself around....as scary as that self may be! :) How refreshing it is to be around friends like this and how much I wish I could see them way more than we actually do! We had so much fun celebrating 30 years of Kate - thirty years that I have pretty much known her through it all (even though I wasn't born until 5 months later), but our heritage goes back decades and decades before. It was a night I will never forget! I told my mom when I got back to the hospital the next morning when she asked how the night went that I wondered when the time will come that all of us will get together and act "mature" and not like we are young, crazy girls dancing and singing at the top of our lungs and telling crazy stories of things we used to do! She said probably never and I am holding on to that! Happy 30th Kate!!












No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones