Sunday, November 8, 2009

Three years ago today....


Alison Brooks Patrick was born and made me a mommy! I have tried not to think about it too much today b/c I know I will get an emotional - oh, how I love that sweet girl! She brings so much joy to our lives and she has my whole heart! We have had a fun and busy weekend celebrating our new three year old and making sure she feels extra special all weekend long!

My Ali B:

I don't even know where to start talking about where you are right now in life! It is hard for me to put to words how much I love you, sweet girl! You have such a sweet, gentle spirit with a little bit of a stinker thrown in there too! I get to be the one you want to put you to bed every night and I cherish that time with you. We have gotten to a point lately where you no longer want naps - which is fine by me! You still have some quiet time, but you usually pass out as I read you stories, usually around 7 pm at night! You will fight it and talk to me up until the last second and then, next thing I know, I will look over and see my little angel sound asleep, looking so sweet and innocent!

We like to say that you are "3 going on 30" b/c you are just such a little person with so much to say and you understand so much. You talk in full sentences and there's not much you don't "get!". We have to spell a lot of things these days b/c otherwise you don't miss much!

You have such sweet little friends and you love your friends so much! On Friday, we had dinner with your friend Mary Mac and as soon as we walked away you looked me so sad and said, "Mommy, I miss Mary Mac already!" You light up when your little friends are around and I love to watch it!

You are the best big sister to Rhodesy! You love her so much and, yes, sometimes she gets into things/plays with things you don't want her too and you can be rough and tumble with each other - but that's part of sisterhood and I truly believe yall will be best friends in life! You have so many little differences between the two of you that make you unique - but you get along so well. (I wanted to make sure I said this now b/c I know this may not always be the case! :)) She adores you so much and wants to do everything you do - and most of the time, you oblige and let her play with you! Today, you got a new car for your birthday and you wanted Rhodes to ride with you the whole time and got sad when she wanted to get out.

We potty trained you this year and you did great with it! It was so much faster than I anticipated and we are so proud of you! We went to St. Simons (to Mimi & Papa's swim house, as you call it!) for a week and it rained the whole week so we just pretty much let you run around without pants on for the week and that pretty much sealed the deal. Yes, there was still accidents, learning once we got home, but not much! You are a quick learner!

You started a new school this year and I was nervous to take you away from your friends from Weekday (I prayed and prayed about it!) - but you have adjusted fantastically and made so many new sweet friends that you love to tell me about when you get in the car after school. You especially love Thursdays when you get to go to lunch bunch! It is the highlight of my day to pull into carpool lane and wait for them to bring you out - I literally get so excited to see you and hear you talk about your day and all of your friends. Makes my soul feel good!

You love to read, play dress up, play with your bears (or your "friends" as you call them lately!), take care of your little sister, watch Disney princess movies and Mickey Mouse, play with your friends, play outside & swing, talk, smile & laugh.

I'll end with comments written on your first progress report you got from school that described you so well to me and made me tear up to read. "An obedient spirit, gigles and listener are the words that describe sweet Ali to me! She is a delight to teach. She answers all of my questions during circle time - she is extremely bright! She is already very mature and dependable. She brings so much joy to our class!"

Thank you, Ali, for being you! We are so proud of you and love you so very much! God's plan was much bigger than I could have ever imagined when he blessed our lives forever 3 years ago and gave us you! I thank Him every day for you! Happy, happy 3rd birthday, sweet girl!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones