Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy New Year!

Since it's been awhile since I've written a post - I thought I would just sum up the New Year really quick. Ali is growing up so fast - and such a joy in our lives! She is learning new words all the time and running around the house, playing with Baxter, her toys, her Mama's purse, crayons, etc from when she wakes until when she goes to bed. She loves her Cookie Monster and Elmo dolls and loves saying "Mel-Mo!" - it sounds so cute when she says it! (and she thinks Cookie monster is also Mel-Mo - I guess since they both laugh!)

My favorite thing that Ali has discovered recently is her shadow!! A week ago, Ali and I were walking near the square and I was letting her walk in a church parking lot. I noticed her looking down and I saw that she probably was looking at her shadow. She started slowing down and checking it out and I told her it was her shadow. Then, I realized she wasn't sure quite what to think of it and she started trying to run - to run away from it. It was soo funny!! She was still looking down at it and realized that the shadow was not going anywhere - no matter how far she ran! She, then, got the most terrified look on her face and started freaking out and I picked her up. It was sad to see her freak out - but probably the cutest thing I have ever seen! Since then, we try to look for her shadow and she points it out - but, she is still not sure about it if she can not get it to go away! What a smart little girl!

Praise the Lord for a New Year - to start anew and to share it with such a precious little girl that Ryan and I adore so much! I am so excited about 2008 and what it has to bring! 2007 was a bittersweet one for me - but, Ali pulled me through it with many joys/firsts/laughs to get us through the sorrows. I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store for us and what is yet to come. May 2008 bless each and everyone of you and your families.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones