Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Life as we now know it!

We have survived our first 2.5 weeks as a family of 5! Unfortunately, I have been a horrible photographer of our newest addition and wish I had more to share.....but, trying to just soak up the moments of my last newborn. It is so bittersweet. Beck is such a precious addition to our family and his big sisters have been wonderful...but, our days are far from perfect and our nights are far from full of sleep! He is still eating every 2-3 hours and is really starting to fill out. Every little thing - like the thought of someone giving him a bottle instead of just nursing him myself, or watching him get bigger, or trying to decide whether or not to give him a pacifier - are all bittersweet for me since this is my last baby. I want him to just stay little forever b/c I know how fast things change and my baby will soon be a toddler, then a kindergartner, and on and on - but, then again, I also know all of the fun (and sleep and night outs!) that lies ahead. So bittersweet - but, it helps make the tough mom of a newborn days/nights easier and the simple mom of a newborn moments all the more sacred. I could sit and hold Beck for hours - and, thank goodness, because this little man loves to be held! :) We are slowly venturing back into the real world - and, even though this transition has been smoother, it is, of course, far from easy....but still fun! Oh, how I look forward to a full nights sleep (or a straight 4 hours - heaven!), but, until then, I am holding on tight to these moments and these babies and loving this new life as a family of 5!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones