Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Monkeys, munchkins and movies!

Look at me - 3rd time blogging this week! On a roll - hopefully I can keep this up!

When I think about what we have been up to this summer, it seems like playdates galore and lots of time at the pool! I have finally gotten to a point (about 2 weeks ago) where I am finally comfortable taking both of the girls completely by myself to swim. Ali has been taking swim lessons since March (I think) and all of a sudden two weeks ago it just clicked and she took off swimming by herself and LOVES it! :) (and I love this new found independence/freedom too!) After many different tries, we finally found a contraption that worked to keep Rhodes afloat- a vest or swim ring and floaties - although this past week she has made it clear she does not want/need the vest and has gone straight to floaties - she is everywhere in them! She is so independent and all over the pool - such a big girl! Everytime I say to her "Are you Mama's baby?" she says "NO BABY!" - it's too cute - she thinks she is such a big girl, just like her sister.

Anyway, it seems like the past 3 Wednesdays have been our extra fun playdates. (Just somewhere other than our house, a friends house or a pool, I mean!) 2 weeks ago, we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with my cousin Brooks and her two daughters, Virginia and Gibby. We absolutely loved it! I wasn't sure what it would be like but it had a great children's area complete with a water play area (you have to bring swim diapers/bathing suits to play!) and we all had such a great time. Then, last week we went with a fun group to the Children's Museum in Atlanta - which was so much fun. There are a lot of fun things for both of the girls to do and they loved it. We will definitely be heading back up there again! Unfortunately, I did not have my camera for both of these - trying to be better about this!

Yesterday (Wednesday), we went up to the square for their Movies for Munchkins concert series at the Strand. They are only doing 2 this year and I think it is such a fun thing to do. We made it for about an hour at the movie and realized when we got out that Rhodes only had one shoe on (Crocs, her favorite! The girl LOVES shoes!) - but other than that, it was a success. I love living in a community where you can go up to the square and see a movie like Curious George with friends and see lots of friends you know - and even when you come out shoeless, get home and find a friend who just happened to run into you on your way out hasreturned your shoe! I love this town! :)

Here are just a few pictures from our past few days..

This is one of my favorite outfits of the summer.... (Ali had watched Alvin and the Chipmunks; The Squeakquel that day and wanted her hair in pigtails "like Eleanor" - I was so happy she let me do something with her hair!) :)
My little monkey Rhodesy posing....love these girls! (and yes, her clothes always look like this after eating!) :)


Miss Independent is so ready to buckle herself into everything - including the car seat and baby swing....here she is practicing...

Ready for the Munchkin movie and the Strand!
Can you tell how sleepy Rhodes was - I don't usually let her have her papi unless she is in bed so I hate that she has it in in this picture - she was a tired princess!
Our little group - I love have the Lowerys are picture perfect and the Patrick girls are in the middle of eating popcorn! :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones